Welcome

All the finished works at my homepage www.jussikontio.com

sunnuntai 5. lokakuuta 2014

A classic stand


I've been busy working on house renovation and construction lately, but here's a glimpse of especial tinkering. I was asked to make this classic stand and this is the streak.

First this antique piece of wood was selected and cut to the lenght requested.

Then I procecced it by sanding it slightly to rounden it and to get it splinter free. 
Only the finest paper was used to bring out the awesomeness of the wood, the figures of the original round saw blade.The patina was left untouched.
 
The holder slabs were needed to be made well to hide the attatchement and to take any weight neccessary.

 Then I made the bed,

 and sank it in a millimeter under the surface of the wood, so the brass will not touch the wall.

 Then after careful measurements and pre-drilling, I simply attached every screw to its center.
The hooks are new swedish production, but untreated, so they will darken nicely over time.

And rise and shine!A touch of timelessness to a modern apartment.



Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti