Welcome

All the finished works at my homepage www.jussikontio.com

maanantai 2. huhtikuuta 2012

Introduction to the blog

This blog is about creating something beautiful from what I have in my hands.

It includes non-solid things, like beautiful thoughts and beautiful acts for that is within my capabilities, but mostly it is about creating with hands to make beautiful physical objects.

This blog is not about minimizing,
nor using the least possible work to finish.

It is about intending to create the most beautiful things with what we have and aiming to do it just right.

By seeing the fullest potential of the stuff in our hands and by finding what is needed,
we can achieve beauty and perfection.
I mean that nice kinda perfection that comes with the flow, sometimes so effortlessly.

And since the beauty is in the eye of the beholder we certainly have means to do it.


I work preferably with old wood, soft metals and hardened leather to answer to the needs of the world - usually something that I need for something - and to make the most out of it.

This blog is about those processes of crafting that are so much enjoyed and would like to be shared.

Behold world, for the story of every little thing just might be interesting. :)

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti