Welcome

All the finished works at my homepage www.jussikontio.com

maanantai 2. huhtikuuta 2012

Hi, how are you!


Im putting out my right hand to greet you, dear reader.
Also I wanted to show it as my primary hand in making all these things, since I've been talking about my hands lately.
But mostly I wanted to share something that is in the middle of my palm, a hair of a cat.

I was thinking, that since all the matter is almost fully empty space, (was it 99.999999999999% or so)  that's how it would probably look like when we would squeeze all of it into one long solid piece of junk. So here you go, the solids of the world.


Just wanted to set things straight and to be honest.
With all my reason, I belive that this life is as real - as a dream is for a dreamer.

And I don't meant to be anyhow disrespectful with all this, on the contrary. I find life to be the most amazing dream-like adventure, that has enough continuity( a lifetime) so we can do something great with it and enjoy the fruits of the process.

I believe that life has sooo much to offer for all of us, and its up to us - not to take it for granted - but receive it with bit of a gratitude.

I'm saying this, for it lets me to believe that the idea of this blog will work.

I want to make the most out of the gifts, that the world has to offer me!

So, when someone gives me something, that could become a practical and beautiful device, I will share the process!



I will work with the gifts as soon as there's time and I can get something sensible out of them.

Also I will post other interesting projects, if there's not enough given stuff to work with.

Not all gifts are meant to be accepted, but if it has any potential, I will do my best to make the most out of it!
If someone likes to give me something to do for them, it is also okay, but that's more like trading, so just to be clear.

I'll probably break apart most of the things I receive, so people need to be aware that the stuff given will need to be given for good, for it might become unrecognizable.


Most preferably I would like to receive patinated wooden things, brass and other metal objects, porcelain, leather and so. But I'm open, sometimes even plastics are workable.
Also the size would need to be reasonable, for I still haven't settled down with a barn, so I could disassemble bigger things like old farm machines etc.



So here we have some dude who doesn't believe that matter really exists, wasting his time working with stuff to make it practical and beautiful? What a juicy paradox.

Well, these things that I make might be around longer than me, so what the heck, I enjoy what I'm doing!

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti